Re: Help with a Bash script

On 08Apr2010 16:43, Michael Thompson <maverickapollo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

| On 08/04/10 16:29, Adalbert Prokop wrote:
| > Am 08.04.2010 17:06, schrieb Michael Thompson:
| >
| > Hi!
|

| > Well, if your list of commands already is a script, then including it
| > would be the most convenient method.
| >
| > Let's say your list is called "script" then
| >
| > . <path_to_script>
| >
| > would do it...
|
| Thats exactly the thought I came up with after sending the mail.

Had you considered avoiding the intermediate file altogether and going:

  sed ... | other changes ... | sh

Saves a huge amount of mucking around.
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

As soon as we started programming, we found to our surprise that it wasn't as
easy to get programs right as we had thought. Debugging had to be discovered.
I can remember the exact instant when I realized that a large part of my life
from then on was going to be spent in finding mistakes in my own programs.
        - Maurice Wilkes discovers debugging, 1949