CD burning problems

Thanks for your reply Fred,

>> with Fedra 12, since the advent of kernel 2.6.32 I have a strange
>> problem with both my CD burners (a Plextor and an Asus): I can burn CDs
>> (apparently) without any problem, but those CDs are unreadable.
>> I am currently using Brasero as K3B had the same problem even with
>> previous releases of the kernel!

> Thoughts, though:
> --try the burned media on other computers: are they readable there?

No in general, but one of them strangely appears to be readable on my
laptop that also runs Fedora 12.

> --will the system read media burned on other computers? using the
>   same brand of media? using k3b on the other computers?

Definitely yes! And I can read them on the PC where I have problems. I
can even read CDs I previously burned on this PC.

> --try a different drive in the same computer

Both my CD burners (an Asus and a Plextor) have the same problem.

> --have you changed brands of media? Once upon a time I had a CDRW drive
>   that only worked on some kinds/brands of media, and I had one batch
>   of media it would burn fine but couldn't read after burning it while
>   other drives could. (needless to say, that drive is long-since gone.)

I have been using exactly the same media (Verbatim) for a long time, and
I cannot see a reason why media coming from the same 50-CD package were
OK 2 months ago and they are not now. Furthermore, burning CD images
seems to work fine (but I haven't tried that in the last days).

As soon as I find some time, I'd like trying to burn a CD from the
command line.

Thanks again for your reply.

Best,
	Alberto