Re: Printer IDs in Fedora 13: your help is neeeded!

On Wed, 2010-04-07 at 17:11 +0200, Chris Spike wrote:
> Fetching driver list
> ├── hp (HP Color LaserJet 2605dn): MFG:Hewlett-Packard;MDL:HP Color
> LaserJet 2605dn;
> │   (No drivers)
> └── usb (HP Color LaserJet 2605dn): MFG:Hewlett-Packard;MDL:HP Color
> LaserJet 2605dn;CMD:PJL,PML,POSTSCRIPT,PCLXL,PCL;
>     (No drivers)

So this is saying that, based on how the printer identifies itself, no
specific drivers can be found for it.

But if you are using it successfully with some driver specifically for
that printer (and not e.g. Generic PostScript), we probably want to add
that printer to the list of printers declared to be supported by
whichever driver you are using.

My guess is you're using 'hpcups' as the driver (see 'Make and Model' in
system-config-printer properties for it).  The hpcups driver is part of
the hpijs package, which comes from the hplip source RPM.

> Should I bugzilla?

Yes please, against hplip.

> Include 'lpinfo -l -v'?

Not required here, as we can already see the Device ID:
MFG:Hewlett-Packard;MDL:HP Color LaserJet
2605dn;CMD:PJL,PML,POSTSCRIPT,PCLXL,PCL;

Thanks,
Tim.
*/