Re: KDE problems.

On 04/07/2010 01:42 PM, George R Goffe wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I suppose this should be sent to the KDE folks but I'm not sure.
>
> I'm a recent convert (shudder) to KDE 4.x and am looking for a way to
> do what I used to do with KDE 3.x.

I don't quite understand why you'd shudder.  I moved to KDE 4.3 from KDE
3.5 and haven't looked back.  Of course I treated the move like a
divorce and not like death.

> I have 2 questions:
>
> 1) Is there a conversion document that collects all this configuration
> information in one place by any chance? I chose KDE some time ago
> (several years) because of it's "Control Center" which gathered all
> the config options I wanted in ONE PLACE and not all over the
> landscape as Gnome was (maybe still is?).

I'm a "classic" menu guy.  From the menu...  Settings-->System Settings
brings up a collection of setting menus.

> 2) I used to be able to map "alt up/down" arrows to raise/lower the
> "current" Widget. Apparently this capability no longer exists?

I don't know quite what you mean...

--
How do you get holy water? Boil the hell out of it. Guess Who!
http://tinyurl.com/mc4xe7