illuminated keyboard issue

I'm running FC11 with a gnome desktop on a box dual booting Windows XP.
I recently acquired a sunbeam illuminated keyboard that works fine with
the machine in Windows mode -- the keyboard lighting toggles on and off
with the scroll lock key. But this doesn't work when I'm running FC11.
Is there some way to hack this? Any suggestions would be most
appreciated. --Jerry