Which card for my laptop?

My laptop has a Broadcom BCM4306 chipset. Since Fedora does not support
it natively, it is a pain every time I want to upgrade Fedora. And even
after jumping through all the hoops to install the firmware, sometimes
it works and sometimes it does not. Consequently, I wind up being able
to use about every other version of Fedora. Sometime back on the list I
saw a suggestion to change the mini PCI card to a chipset that does work
natively with Fedora and Network Manager. I'm ready to make the swap.
Looking on eBay, I see these cards and/or these chipsets available at
the moment:

Broadcom BCM4318
Intel Eifi 5300
Realtek RTL8185L
Intel Pro 2915
Athernos AR5213A
Athernos AR5008

I seem to remember that Athernos is a good choice. Is that correct? Is
one better than the other? If not, are any of these good choices?

Anyone know of a source of mini PCI cards other than eBay? Newegg does
seem to carry them.

Are there differences in mini PCI cards? I did see there were half-hight
cards. I have an off brand laptop, an eMachines M6805. Would I expect a
card pulled from a Gateway or a Dell to work in my laptop?

Thanks!

Andrew Robinson