Re: Firefox not running : unable to load XPCOM (was Re:)

Hi Don,

That actually helps a lot. :)

On Saturday 03 April 2010 09:49 PM, Don Vogt wrote:
>> I would like to avoid removing and installing again firefox and
>> xulrunner, but maybe as last option it would work :-?
>
>>   Regards,
>
>> David
>
> After removing and re-installing xulrunner (which removed and re-installed firefox again ), I ran firefox from a terminal and got back a little bit more info than before.
>
> firefox
> /usr/bin/mozilla-plugin-config: line 73:  3364 Segmentation fault      $WRAPPER_LIB_DIR/nspluginwrapper/plugin-config -f>  /dev/null 2>&1
> Couldn't load XPCOM.
>

> the lines near line 73 are:
>
> # Set-up installed plugins
> if [ $# -eq 0 ]; then
>      $WRAPPER_LIB_DIR/nspluginwrapper/plugin-config -f>  /dev/null 2>&1
> else
>      $WRAPPER_LIB_DIR/nspluginwrapper/plugin-config $*
> fi

'nspluginwrapper' usually should be avoided unless you can't absolutely
do without it. Since you mentioned you don't have any add-ons other than
Adblock Plus installed and you are on a 32 bit system, I would presume
you don't need nspluginwrapper.

As a confirmatory step could you check whether you have nspluginwrapper
installed using the following command?

$ yum list installed nspluginwrapper

If that lists it as installed, I would suggest removing it. To remove
try this, (as root)

# yum remove nspluginwrapper

> As usual, that doesn't help me at all. Any ideas?

Hopefully this will solve your problems. :)

--
Suvayu