Re: Virtualization

On 04/03/2010 12:52 PM, users-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 7:49 PM, R. G. Newbury<newbury@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>> >  ?From what I have read, you cannot port an existing win instance into a
>> >  virtual.
> Not entirely true, for a while I had my original XP partition booting
> in VirtualBox using a raw partition VMDK[1]. I used separate hardware
> profiles so I could boot XP natively or in virtual without issue.

well I guess I could quibble that I used the words 'port ...into a
virtual', but that IS really cool: fooling VBox into believing an actual
harddrive partition is a VMDK image! Kudos are due!.

Is the magic posted anywhere? 'Cause there are probably lots of people
who could benefit or who would  be interested.
Geoff