Re: Firefox not running : unable to load XPCOM (was Re:)

Hi Don,

>> > I finally got straight on what you wanted for strace.
>> > I have attached a gzipped copy, but I don't know if it
>> will go through the list, and I lost track of who wanted it.
>> If it doesen't go through let me know and I will send it
>> direct.
>> > It makes absolutely no sense to me at all.
>>
>> Thanks for the file. Actually I wasn't able to find direct
>> root cause
>> for your problem, so I would ask you to paste the output of
>> following
>> commands:
>>
>> $ stat /usr/lib/firefox-3.5.9/firefox
>> $ ldd -r /usr/lib/firefox-3.5.9/firefox
>>

> I removed VirtualBox but it didn't change anything. I wonder if having Google-Chrome could have any effect?

I don't think so.

> I can't understand why I am the only one having this problem. I found some other messages with the "couldn't load XPCOM " message on google, > but they were last year and there was no solution I could see.

I see nothing strange in those outputs.

Which add-ons do you have installed?. Are all them compatible with
current Firefox version?. All up to date?

Maybe something got corrupted when you updated firefox and xulrunner?.
What's the output of following commands?:

$ package-cleanup --problems
$ package-cleanup --orphans
$ package-cleanup --leaves

I would like to avoid removing and installing again firefox and
xulrunner, but maybe as last option it would work :-?

Regards,

David