Re: New Kernel will not boot

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 9:33 AM, Lawrence E Graves
<lgraves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am having trouble with the installing of the new kernel release about
> 2 days ago.  When I install it and reboot my system it stops at the
> Fedora sign in the middle of the screen.  It is hard for me to explain
> exactly what is happening because I am not good with the technical terms
> used.

Immediately before Fedora boots, you should see a countdown of a few seconds.
Hit ESC or some key and you will see a menu. - This is a menu of
kernels installed.
On the trouble kernel, hit the 'E' key to EDIT the current kernel options.

Scroll to the right of the 'kernel' line.  Remove the following 2 words:
quiet rhgb
After you remove those words, hit ENTER, then B (to boot).

This should provide some information as to what is happening when the
system locks up.  What error or messages do you see when it stops.

Alternatively in the menu you can select your previous kernel to boot
so you can access your system.

--
Mauriat Miranda
http://www.mjmwired.net/linux