Re: Fox News Channels videos won't play

On Wednesday 31 March 2010, Temlakos wrote:
>On 03/31/2010 02:41 PM, Trever L. Adams wrote:

>>> Plays here just fine with:
>>>
>>> $ firefox --version
>>> Mozilla Firefox 3.5.8, Copyright (c) 1998 - 2010 mozilla.org
>>>
>>> $ uname -r
>>> 2.6.30.10-105.2.23.fc11.x86_64
>>>
>>> Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
>>
>> I have the same problem.
>> $ firefox --version
>> Mozilla Firefox 3.6.2, Copyright (c) 1998 - 2010 mozilla.org
>>
>> 2.6.33.1-19.fc13.x86_64
>>
>> flash-plugin-10.0.45.2-release.i386
>>
>> Trever
>
>How does it look? On my system, whenever I load a page having a video
>from Fox (like the page with the above link, a page I created myself, by
>the way), all I get is a top and bottom bar, with viewing controls not
>even appearing, much less functioning.
>
>I'm still using a 32-bit kernel, so you and I aren't using the same
>kernel. Not that I would expect that to matter.

So am I, using a 32 bit kernel.
[root@coyote grub]# uname -r
2.6.34-rc3

>I tried installing the Greasemonkey add-on, and a script for "Fox News
>friendly videos." No joy.

I don't recall if I have greasemonkey running or not, but the latter I never
heard of.  And no, greasemonkey is not now listed in the addons.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

There are only two kinds of men -- the dead and the deadly.
		-- Helen Rowland