video problems on dual-link monitors upon reboot on F12

For about a year I've been seeing this problem pop up occasionally under
F12 (and F11 before that).  When the kernel or Xorg changes there is a
high probability of a reboot leaving the dual-link monitor in a slightly
messed up state.  The video looks like there are several superimposed
frames with perhaps a half inch registration problems (at 100dpi).
Doing a shutdown and restarting with the power button clears up the
issue.  I guess some state isn't being correctly re-initialized by a
reboot, but once cleared by actually powering down, will work.

Is anyone else with a dual link monitor seeing this?  Are there any
kernel or xorg switches to clear more framebuffer state on startup?

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht
If the airwaves belong to the public why does the public only get 3