RE: Looking for a monitor driver

On 2010-03-31 Tim wrote:

> On Wed, 2010-03-31 at 14:23 +0100, Dave Higton wrote:
> > Who uses CRT monitors nowadays?
>
> I still do, they look better.  And I'm not about to throw
> away monitors
> that are working well, for outrageously overpriced, and crappy LCD
> monitors that might die off within two years.  The hype about
> lifetimes
> of monitors is just hype, we've got CRTs that have been going for many
> many years, and LCDs that have crapped out within a couple.

You're lucky with your CRTs.  The ones I've seen that were a few
years old, had bad screen burn, plus a nasty colour cast as one
of the electron guns had lost emission.  I was glad to have my
last CRT monitor replaced here (by an LCD) because it had bad
Moiré patterning, which could only be cure by defocussing it
badly.

Having used CRTs and LCDs, I would never go back to CRT without
a fight.  Fortunately LCDs are (a) so cheap (I don't understand
your comment about outrageously overpriced LCDs), (b) the only
type commonly available.

(Sorry, OT...)

Dave

NICE CTI Systems UK Limited ("NICE") is registered in England under company number, 3403044. The registered office of NICE is at Tollbar Way, Hedge End, Southampton, Hampshire SO30 2ZP.

Confidentiality: This communication and any attachments are intended for the above-named persons only and may be confidential and/or legally privileged. Any opinions expressed in this communication are not necessarily those of NICE. If this communication has come to you in error you must take no action based on it, nor must you copy or show it to anyone; please delete/destroy and inform the sender by e-mail immediately.

Monitoring: NICE may monitor incoming and outgoing e-mails.

Viruses: Although we have taken steps toward ensuring that this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free.