Re: F12 crash

As for the adobe flash induced crash, what files did you install from
adobe?  Was it just
/usr/lib64/chromium-browser/
plugins/libflashplayer.so and
/usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so or were there other files?

I downloaded an rpm file from Adobe Reader's website, and the rpm manager took care of the rest, so l don't know the exact names of files installed - l'm a newbie :)

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 4:43 AM, Wolfgang S. Rupprecht <wolfgang.rupprecht@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> On 03/30/2010 12:39 AM, Patrick Bartek wrote:
>> --- On Mon, 3/29/10, suvayu ali<fatkasuvayu+linux@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>>

>>> On 29 March 2010 17:44, Patrick
>>> Bartek<bartek047@xxxxxxxxx>

>>> selinux, then in the terminal ...
>>>

>>> Any particular reason for disabling selinux? In my
>>> experience so far
>>> selinux hasn't been as intrusive as it used to be for the
>>> last year or
>>> so.
>>>
>> It has always caused problems on my system.  Particularly so, with my initial install of Fedora 12:  Update wouldn't work until I disabled it.  Even the "Permissive" setting caused problems.
>>
>> Since my system is a stand-alone one behind two firewalls, not locally networked to any others, doesn't run any public accessable servers, etc., and I'm the only user, I don't really need selinux.  I would like to uninstall it.  It just takes up space on the hard drive and consumes RAM, but it is a dependency for most everything.  So, it's set to load disabled.

> That is fine, but please do not recommend others disable it.

I'd like to second that.  Thanks to Dan, the Fedora-12 selinux setup now
works well enough that I see now reason for me to turn it off any more.
In previous installations I'd leave it on for as long as I could stand
it, which on servers was only around 3 or 4 days.  The list of denials
was just too long to deal with and they just kept on creeping out of the
woodwork.  No more.

As for the adobe flash induced crash, what files did you install from
adobe?  Was it just
/usr/lib64/chromium-browser/plugins/libflashplayer.so and
/usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so or were there other files?

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht
If the airwaves belong to the public why does the public only get 3