Re: Updating from F9 to F12

On 03/29/2010 07:43 AM, prakhar gaur wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> This is my first mail to a mailing list , so if i make any mistakes, Sorry.
> I am trying to update my F9 to F12.
> i have to go from F9 to F10, then F10 to F12.

I was only able to use "preupgrade" to go from F9 to F11.  For whatever
reason, F9 to F12 did not work for me.  Some time in the near future, I
will probably try F11 to F14....

> i tried
>
> $rpm -Uvh
> ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/Fedora/i386/os/Packages/fedora-release-*.noarch.rpm
> its says http not found, i checked, the ftp has now been moved to
> http://archives.fedoraproject.org/pub/archive/fedora/linux/releases/10
>
> Then i manually installed both the *fedora-release-*.noarch.rpm *packages.
> now when i try
> $yum upgrade
> it prints,
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/10/Everything/i386/os/repodata/repomd.xml:
> [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found
> Trying other mirror.
> Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
> fedora. Please verify its path and try again
>
> Note the http is still incorrect,
> How do i chance it to,
> http://archives.fedoraproject.org/pub/archive/fedora/linux/releases/10/Everything/i386/os/repodata/repomd.xml

Edit the files:

	/etc/yum.repos.d/fedora.repo
	/etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-updates.repo

?

But, these files should be a part of your fedora-release rpm....
What is the exact version of the fedora-release RPM that you have installed?

I have commented out the lines beginning with "baseurl=" and uncommented
the lines beginning with "mirrorlist="

> #	http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/$releasever/Everything/$basearch/os/
> mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=fedora-$releasever&arch=$basearch

My plans are to upgrade my F10 server to F13 sometime next month using
pre-upgrade.

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@xxxxxxx