Re: "internet connection tester script"

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 7:16 AM, Hiisi <very-cool@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> OK, I see. You was trying to advertise your nice working script to
> list members. That was your crafty plan, wasn't it? ;- )
> Where should one propose it for inclusion in F13? ;- )
Interesting, when I saw his mail to the CentOS list, I tried it and it
didn't work so I sent him a couple of suggestions that made it work
for me. I don't have a Fedora 12 around to see if the default shell
behaviour is different but with the Ubuntu's Bash it didn't work and
required adding ` around the ping & grep  statements to allow them to
be evaluated.