Re: udev question for dealing with auto spindown on Seagate FreeAgent Go 1T drive

On 10-03-28 20:44:48, Darlene Wallach wrote:
> How do I restart udev? I can always shutdown and reboot, I guess.

>From `man udevadm`, found with `apropos udev`:

   udevadm control command
       Modify the internal state of the running udev daemon.
       --reload-rules
           Signal udevd to reload the rules files. The udev daemon
           detects changes automatically, this option is usually not
           needed.  Reloading rules does not apply any changes to
           already existing devices.

So just change the rule(s).