Re: ogm video

On 03/28/2010 02:06 PM, Rick Sewill wrote:
> On 03/28/2010 03:46 PM, Michael Miles wrote:
>
>> Can anyone tell me how to get codec for ogm video files
>>
>> Vlc no
>> mplayer no
>> smplayer no
>> xine no
>>

>> I have tried to convert
>> I used all I could find
>>

>> All say no codec
>>

>> I can't seem to find codec
>>
> Not heard of ogm before.
>
> yum search ogm
> gave a number of choices, including ogmtools.
>
> yum install ogmtools
>
> followed by
> man ogmdemux
> seems to imply ogmdemux can extract streams from an OGM.
>
> Please read the notes part of the man page...it says,
> "What not works:
>
> *      Headers  created by older OggDS (DirectShow) filter versions are
>         not supported (and probably never will be).
> "
>
> First see if
> ogminfo<name-of-your-file>
> gives any useful information to see if these tools work on the file.
>
> Perhaps you can extract the streams and play them separately?
>
> Not sure if this will help or not.

been through the whole speil

It looks like I will have to convert on a windows machine (dread)

Every file has been no problem except ogm with fedora 12

ogm is ogg video Theora

It's old but the only flavor my favorite movie is in "Failsafe"

Limite de Serguranca.ogm

Kills me as this was created on a linux box years ago

They will extract to video and audio files
Audio plays but no go on video

Back to windows on this one

$%^#&**^^&** that's how I feel about windows