Re: xine vlc mplayer only has audio but without video - Finally resolved

On 03/28/2010 11:49 AM, barry yu wrote:
> Same computer had been working fine with F8, lately I did a few fresh
> installation of F12 due to a few critical issues encountered, and this
> is one of them, after hackle and dig for a week finally get it
> resolved and hope could be of some help to others who suffering same;
> In my case f12 by default the video out of xine, vlc and mplayer are
> all not working and needs to be re selected - VLC VLC -
> Tools->Preferences->Video (Video Setting)->In Output box, select "X11
> video output". And MPlayer - MPlayer - In Preference->Video
> tab->Select "X11 X11(Xlmage/Shm)" or "gl X11(OpenGL)" or "gl2
> X11(OpenGL) - multiple textures   version". Xine - Open the setup
> window "xine Setup", select "video" tab and in the "video driver to
> use" select "opengl" and then click "Apply" button.
> This may only happen to my computer (Motherboard, Intel made with
> sound and dual video on board)

As far as the codecs for xine, mplayer etc, Install the package Ailurus
from the Fedora repo.

And autoten ,  is at, copy and paste this full line below into your SU
Terminal;
rpm -Uvh http://dnmouse.org/autoten-4.5-6.fc12.noarch.rpm

These two apps will help you install a lot of extra apps.

Goto http://rpm.livna.net and get rpm  libdvdcss .