Fedora & Solaris 7

G'day.

I am trying to get a very old Solaris 5.7 server to ftp data to a
Linux server, but the Solaris box keeps losing networking after
sending some data.  I can't ping the Solaris box from any of
the servers on my network.

Could this be related to a much newer (modern) TCP/IP stack in
Linux and TCP options?  If so, does anyone have any suggestions
for how I can tune the Linux server?   I am not as concerned
about performance, but just to keep the Solaris box from
crashing (and no, I can't upgrade the legacy Solaris server).

Thanks,
--
Wade Hampton