Re: How to remove linux partition

On Sat, 2010-03-27 at 18:38 +0300, Hiisi wrote:
> 2010/3/27 Sam Sharpe <lists.redhat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > On 27 March 2010 14:17, RAMAKISHOREBABU KOPPULA
> > <rkbabu.koppula@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> I have installed Windows XP in one partition and then I have installed
> >> Fedora11 in another partition. Now I need to remove Linux partition and add
> >> that disk space to windows partition. How to do this?
> >
> > Ask on a Windows Mailing List.
> >
> > --
> > Sam
>
> Nice tip! It would be even better to provide him a useful link.
> Something like this:
> http://www.vanwensveen.nl/rants/microsoft/IhateMS.html

Yes, like that's really going to help. The OP says he needs to expand
his WinXP partition. He didn't say why he needs to, or that he's giving
up on Linux, or that he thinks Windows is better. This kind of brush-off
does the free software community no favours.

To the OP: I believe Windows has a "resize partition" function under the
Accessories/System menu. I'm not sure if it's present on XP or if it
will do what you want, but it's a place to start. Otherwise, you can
certainly use gparted to do this.

poc