Re: HELP - cp

Am 26.03.2010 11:14, schrieb Kelvin Chan:

Hi Kelvin,

> I encounter a problem as I copy folder with all files to a usb disk.
>
> command>>
> Kelotus:/ Kelotus$ cp -R Documents dev/disk1s1/www
>
> result>>
> cp: dev/disk1s1/www: Not a directory
> or
> cp: /dev/disk1: Resource busy
>

> Kelotus:webserver Kelotus$ mount
> /dev/disk0s2 on / (hfs, local, journaled)
> devfs on /dev (devfs, local)
> fdesc on /dev (fdesc, union)
> map -hosts on /net (autofs, automounted)
> map auto_home on /home (autofs, automounted)
> /dev/disk1s1 on /Volumes/IPTGA-K (msdos, local, nodev, nosuid, noowners)

According to the output of mount your are trying to copy a directory
directly to the raw device. Raw (block) device allow access to a hard
drive at very low level. You can access small chunks of data (blocks),
but there are no files, no directories, no file system at all...

The correct command would be "cp -R Documents  /Volumes/IPTGA-K", which
is the directory, where the operating system "shows" the information
stored at the device /dev/disk1s1.

--
bye
Adalbert