Re: NoMachine setup

On 03/25/2010 04:53 PM, John Aldrich wrote:
> Ok. Having issues. Here's the log extract from /var/log/secure:
> User nx not allowed because shell /usr/libexec/nx/nxserver does not exist
> followed by:
> input_userauth_request: invalid user nx
>

> when I try to change the owner of the /usr/NX/etc directory, there is no
> user "nx." I've added a user, but I'm afraid that it's going to want to use
> a specific password... any ideas why it didn't create the "nx" user?

Did you install the NXserver on your home computer.

I hope you haven't anything from a previous install of NXfree.

The only username you haveto use is the username and password from your
/home/user directory
on your home computer that will be entered in NX client in the computer
at work.

In the Client computer at Work in the login window you'll have ;

Login:  (Your username from your /home/user at home)
Password: (Your password you use to login to your /home/user at home
Computer)
Session:  (Your username from your /home/user at home computer)

Be sure that, that Client Window on your work Computer is "Configured"
as I showed in my first Email.

(The Work Computer), configure the login window(client) with host IP
(your home computers IP) Desktop is Unix, KDE or Gnome , Display on mine
is set to 1024x768 , no encryptions .