Re: Hibernate and OpenVPN

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 14:50:24 +0000
Timothy Murphy <gayleard@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hibernate works fine for me -
> I only ever re-boot to see how Windows is getting on! -
> but I notice that I always lose connection
> to machines I link to with OpenVPN
> when coming out of hibernation.

More or less because the remotes destroy the connections on their
end when your client fails to respond (probably to keep alive
requests).

Your client only detects that after coming out of hibernation,
of course, and there isn't much that you can't do except maybe
enabling some sort of auto-connection to the remotes when the
client detects a connection failure.

Cheers