Re: midori in LXDE/F-12 spin

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 17:08:49 -0500
Ranjan Maitra <maitra@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been using LXDE since the F-12 spin and it has been working
> great. I have also been using midori which seems to also work fine,
> but I got concerned recently when I got a message from some site
> saying that my browser did not support 128- (or was it 256-)bit
> strong encryption. Reading about it some more, it appears that midori
> suffers from IMO a fatal flaw, namely that it does not tell the user
> when security works and when it does not. See this bug report here:
>
> http://www.twotoasts.de/bugs/index.php?do=details&task_id=743

I don't think the error you saw and this bug are the same thing.

Can you locate the site again?

The bug is just saying that midori doesn't verify the cert, it just
uses the encryption there and figures all is well. The error you got
sounds like some broken site thats trying to tell you something about
"strong encryption", and possibly broken user-agent handling WRT
midori.

kevin