Re: network bridge default MTU -- apparent change

On 03/17/2010 05:44 PM, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 17:28:42 -0700
> Joe Conway wrote:
>
>> A bit more sleuthing and I found that the culprit is dhclient. I am
>> using a dynamically assigned address (pinned to a static IP at my dhcp
>> server), and I bet you are not. A downgrade makes the problem go away:
>
> My host machine is using a static IP, but it is the dhcp server
> for my other machines (including my virtual machines), so I guess
> dhclient isn't involved on my host, just in the guests.

Yes, I'm using dhclient for my host as well. I guess I could just switch
to a static IP for my host as a workaround.

Interestingly I cannot even find dhclient among the listed components here:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?format=guided&product=Fedora

Joe