default fat mount options changed?

Not being a big picture taker, it was probably about a year
ago I last mounted an SD card from my camera and copied
images off of it.

The last time I did it, all the names were lower case.

This time (fedora 12), all the names are upper case.

Did some default mount option for fat32 change (the
hal info calls it a vfat filesystem)? Just wondering
what happened. The uppercase names work as well as
the lower case ones to hold the pictures :-).