How to add a true type font

Hello All,

I have a bunch of .ttf files and want to add to Fedora 12 system
(system-wide, not per-user). What is the standard way of adding these
fonts now?
I remember the old way, using ttmkfdir, chkfontpath, fc-cache, etc. but
those packages seem to be obsolete now and they are not even included
with Fedora 12 repos.

Hope for your kind response.

Regards,
Khem