Re: [OT] Deafening silence

On Mon, 2010-03-15 at 13:10 -0700, Antonio Olivares wrote:
>  I guess the thread is still alive, no one has mentioned the premise for Godwin's Law right?

Not that I have seen. However, Godwin's Law only says that the
probability of mentioning you-know-who increases the longer a discussion
goes on. It isn't part of Godwin's Law that a discussion is over when
that happens, or that a discussion is still useful even if that hasn't
happened, but it's a good measuring stick. Personally, I think any
useful discussion is over when the ad hominem attacks start (of which
the premise for Godwin's Law is only one) and that has clearly already
happened here. The discussion is now about the people involved instead
of the original subject; that was really the point of Godwin's Law.

--Greg