Re: thunderbird spellchecker: disable EN regional variants?

Ed Greshko wrote:
> Colin Brace wrote:
>
>> I have the correct-as-you-type option enabled in TB and regularly switch
>> languages writing emails in Thunderbird. I find the large number of regional
>> English variants listed under the language options a nuisance -- there are
>> some 16 or 18 these days. I would really prefer a short list of just English
>> US and English UK (along with NL).
>>
>> Is there anyway of disabling all the rest? I have Googled this, posted about
>> in the Mozilla forum, to no avail. This does not appear to be a
>> configuration option (Options/Advanced --> Config editor) nor an Addons
>> option.
>>

> Look in /usr/lib/thunderbird-3.0/dictionaries and you will see how/why
> these appear.
>
> To prevent them from appearing you could delete or move the links you
> don't want.  For example, deleting en_AG.aff and en_AG.dic will result
> in English/Antigua and Barbuda being removed from the list.
>
> Be advised that this may only be temporary as the next update to
> thunderbird will most likely restore the links.

I also tried to inform you in a private email that....

Please be advised that the list fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx has been
depreciated.   All subscribers have been migrated to
users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  This is the new email address that
should be used.

But it seems the spam blocker at lim.nl is using simplistic IP blocks
and seems not willing to accept emails from my part of the world.

--
I love dogs, but I hate Chihuahuas. A Chihuahua isn't a dog. It's a rat
with a thyroid problem.