Re: Creative Labs Live! Cam Notebook Ultra Model vf0310 and FC11

On 03/13/2010 10:22 PM, iarly selbir | ski0s wrote:
> did you try cheese?
>
> lsusb shows something related ( assuming its usb )
>
> Regards,
>
> - -
> iarlyy selbir | ski0s
>
> :wq!
>

> On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 12:01 AM, Tod Thomas<fr33zone@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>

>> Should this work?  If so is there documentation or a tutorial I can follow?
>>

>> Thanks - Tod
>> --

Bus 001 Device 004: ID 041e:405b Creative Technology, Ltd
Device Descriptor:
   bLength                18
   bDescriptorType         1
   bcdUSB               2.00
   bDeviceSubClass         0
   bDeviceProtocol         0
   bMaxPacketSize0        64
   idVendor           0x041e Creative Technology, Ltd
   idProduct          0x405b
   bcdDevice            1.00
   iManufacturer           1 Creative Labs
   iProduct                2 Live! Cam Notebook Ultra
   iSerial                 0
   bNumConfigurations      1
   Configuration Descriptor:
     bLength                 9
     bDescriptorType         2
     wTotalLength          385
     bNumInterfaces          3
     bConfigurationValue     1
     iConfiguration          0
     bmAttributes         0x80
       (Bus Powered)
     MaxPower              400mA
     Interface Descriptor:
       bLength                 9
       bDescriptorType         4
       bInterfaceNumber        0
       bAlternateSetting       0
       bNumEndpoints           2
       bInterfaceClass       255 Vendor Specific Class
       bInterfaceSubClass      0
       bInterfaceProtocol      0
       iInterface              0
       Endpoint Descriptor:
         bLength                 7
         bDescriptorType         5
         bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN
         bmAttributes            3
           Transfer Type            Interrupt
           Synch Type               None
           Usage Type               Data
         wMaxPacketSize     0x0008  1x 8 bytes
         bInterval               7
       Endpoint Descriptor:
         bLength                 7
         bDescriptorType         5
         bEndpointAddress     0x82  EP 2 IN
         bmAttributes            1
           Transfer Type            Isochronous
           Synch Type               None
           Usage Type               Data
         wMaxPacketSize     0x0000  1x 0 bytes
         bInterval               1
     Interface Descriptor:
       bLength                 9
       bDescriptorType         4
       bInterfaceNumber        0
       bAlternateSetting       1
       bNumEndpoints           2
       bInterfaceClass       255 Vendor Specific Class
       bInterfaceSubClass      0
       bInterfaceProtocol      0
       iInterface              0
       Endpoint Descriptor:
         bLength                 7
         bDescriptorType         5
         bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN
         bmAttributes            3
           Transfer Type            Interrupt
           Synch Type               None
           Usage Type               Data
         wMaxPacketSize     0x0008  1x 8 bytes
         bInterval               7
       Endpoint Descriptor:
         bLength                 7
         bDescriptorType         5
         bEndpointAddress     0x82  EP 2 IN
         bmAttributes            1
           Transfer Type            Isochronous
           Synch Type               None
           Usage Type               Data
         wMaxPacketSize     0x0080  1x 128 bytes
         bInterval               1
     Interface Descriptor:
       bLength                 9
       bDescriptorType         4
       bInterfaceNumber        0
       bAlternateSetting       2
       bNumEndpoints           2
       bInterfaceClass       255 Vendor Specific Class
       bInterfaceSubClass      0
       bInterfaceProtocol      0
       iInterface              0
       Endpoint Descriptor:
         bLength                 7
         bDescriptorType         5
         bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN
         bmAttributes            3
           Transfer Type            Interrupt
           Synch Type               None
           Usage Type               Data
         wMaxPacketSize     0x0008  1x 8 bytes
         bInterval               7
       Endpoint Descriptor:
         bLength                 7
         bDescriptorType         5
         bEndpointAddress     0x82  EP 2 IN
         bmAttributes            1
           Transfer Type            Isochronous
           Synch Type               None
           Usage Type               Data
         wMaxPacketSize     0x0200  1x 512 bytes
         bInterval               1
     Interface Descriptor:
       bLength                 9
       bDescriptorType         4
       bInterfaceNumber        0
       bAlternateSetting       3
       bNumEndpoints           2
       bInterfaceClass       255 Vendor Specific Class
       bInterfaceSubClass      0
       bInterfaceProtocol      0
       iInterface              0
       Endpoint Descriptor:
         bLength                 7
         bDescriptorType         5
         bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN
         bmAttributes            3
           Transfer Type            Interrupt
           Synch Type               None
           Usage Type               Data
         wMaxPacketSize     0x0008  1x 8 bytes
         bInterval               7
       Endpoint Descriptor:
         bLength                 7
         bDescriptorType         5
         bEndpointAddress     0x82  EP 2 IN
         bmAttributes            1
           Transfer Type            Isochronous
           Synch Type               None
           Usage Type               Data
         wMaxPacketSize     0x0400  1x 1024 bytes
         bInterval               1
     Interface Descriptor:
       bLength                 9
       bDescriptorType         4
       bInterfaceNumber        0
       bAlternateSetting       4
       bNumEndpoints           2
       bInterfaceClass       255 Vendor Specific Class
       bInterfaceSubClass      0
       bInterfaceProtocol      0
       iInterface              0
       Endpoint Descriptor:
         bLength                 7
         bDescriptorType         5
         bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN
         bmAttributes            3
           Transfer Type            Interrupt
           Synch Type               None
           Usage Type               Data
         wMaxPacketSize     0x0008  1x 8 bytes
         bInterval               7
       Endpoint Descriptor:
         bLength                 7
         bDescriptorType         5
         bEndpointAddress     0x82  EP 2 IN
         bmAttributes            1
           Transfer Type            Isochronous
           Synch Type               None
           Usage Type               Data
         wMaxPacketSize     0x0b00  2x 768 bytes
         bInterval               1
     Interface Descriptor:
       bLength                 9
       bDescriptorType         4
       bInterfaceNumber        0
       bAlternateSetting       5
       bNumEndpoints           2
       bInterfaceClass       255 Vendor Specific Class
       bInterfaceSubClass      0
       bInterfaceProtocol      0
       iInterface              0
       Endpoint Descriptor:
         bLength                 7
         bDescriptorType         5
         bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN
         bmAttributes            3
           Transfer Type            Interrupt
           Synch Type               None
           Usage Type               Data
         wMaxPacketSize     0x0008  1x 8 bytes
         bInterval               7
       Endpoint Descriptor:
         bLength                 7
         bDescriptorType         5
         bEndpointAddress     0x82  EP 2 IN
         bmAttributes            1
           Transfer Type            Isochronous
           Synch Type               None
           Usage Type               Data
         wMaxPacketSize     0x0c00  2x 1024 bytes
         bInterval               1
     Interface Descriptor:
       bLength                 9
       bDescriptorType         4
       bInterfaceNumber        0
       bAlternateSetting       6
       bNumEndpoints           2
       bInterfaceClass       255 Vendor Specific Class
       bInterfaceSubClass      0
       bInterfaceProtocol      0
       iInterface              0
       Endpoint Descriptor:
         bLength                 7
         bDescriptorType         5
         bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN
         bmAttributes            3
           Transfer Type            Interrupt
           Synch Type               None
           Usage Type               Data
         wMaxPacketSize     0x0008  1x 8 bytes
         bInterval               7
       Endpoint Descriptor:
         bLength                 7
         bDescriptorType         5
         bEndpointAddress     0x82  EP 2 IN
         bmAttributes            1
           Transfer Type            Isochronous
           Synch Type               None
           Usage Type               Data
         wMaxPacketSize     0x1380  3x 896 bytes
         bInterval               1
     Interface Descriptor:
       bLength                 9
       bDescriptorType         4
       bInterfaceNumber        0
       bAlternateSetting       7
       bNumEndpoints           2
       bInterfaceClass       255 Vendor Specific Class
       bInterfaceSubClass      0
       bInterfaceProtocol      0
       iInterface              0
       Endpoint Descriptor:
         bLength                 7
         bDescriptorType         5
         bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN
         bmAttributes            3
           Transfer Type            Interrupt
           Synch Type               None
           Usage Type               Data
         wMaxPacketSize     0x0008  1x 8 bytes
         bInterval               7
       Endpoint Descriptor:
         bLength                 7
         bDescriptorType         5
         bEndpointAddress     0x82  EP 2 IN
         bmAttributes            1
           Transfer Type            Isochronous
           Synch Type               None
           Usage Type               Data
         wMaxPacketSize     0x1400  3x 1024 bytes
         bInterval               1
     Interface Descriptor:
       bLength                 9
       bDescriptorType         4
       bInterfaceNumber        1
       bAlternateSetting       0
       bNumEndpoints           0
       bInterfaceClass         1 Audio
       bInterfaceSubClass      1 Control Device
       bInterfaceProtocol      0
       iInterface              2 Live! Cam Notebook Ultra
       AudioControl Interface Descriptor:
         bLength                 9
         bDescriptorType        36
         bDescriptorSubtype      1 (HEADER)
         bcdADC               1.00
         wTotalLength           40
         bInCollection           1
         baInterfaceNr( 0)       2
       AudioControl Interface Descriptor:
         bLength                12
         bDescriptorType        36
         bDescriptorSubtype      2 (INPUT_TERMINAL)
         bTerminalID             1
         wTerminalType      0x0602 Digital Audio Interface
         bAssocTerminal          0
         bNrChannels             2
         wChannelConfig     0x0033
           Left Front (L)
           Right Front (R)
           Left Surround (LS)
           Right Surround (RS)
         iChannelNames           0
         iTerminal               0
       AudioControl Interface Descriptor:
         bLength                10
         bDescriptorType        36
         bDescriptorSubtype      6 (FEATURE_UNIT)
         bUnitID                 2
         bSourceID               1
         bControlSize            1
         bmaControls( 0)      0x00
         bmaControls( 1)      0x03
           Mute
           Volume
         bmaControls( 2)      0x03
           Mute
           Volume
         iFeature                0
       AudioControl Interface Descriptor:
         bLength                 9
         bDescriptorType        36
         bDescriptorSubtype      3 (OUTPUT_TERMINAL)
         bTerminalID             3
         wTerminalType      0x0101 USB Streaming
         bAssocTerminal          0
         bSourceID               2
         iTerminal               0
     Interface Descriptor:
       bLength                 9
       bDescriptorType         4
       bInterfaceNumber        2
       bAlternateSetting       0
       bNumEndpoints           0
       bInterfaceClass         1 Audio
       bInterfaceSubClass      2 Streaming
       bInterfaceProtocol      0
       iInterface              0
     Interface Descriptor:
       bLength                 9
       bDescriptorType         4
       bInterfaceNumber        2
       bAlternateSetting       1
       bNumEndpoints           1
       bInterfaceClass         1 Audio
       bInterfaceSubClass      2 Streaming
       bInterfaceProtocol      0
       iInterface              0
       AudioStreaming Interface Descriptor:
         bLength                 7
         bDescriptorType        36
         bDescriptorSubtype      1 (AS_GENERAL)
         bTerminalLink           3
         bDelay                  1 frames
         wFormatTag              1 PCM
       AudioStreaming Interface Descriptor:
         bLength                35
         bDescriptorType        36
         bDescriptorSubtype      2 (FORMAT_TYPE)
         bFormatType             1 (FORMAT_TYPE_I)
         bNrChannels             1
         bSubframeSize           2
         bBitResolution         16
         bSamFreqType            9 Discrete
         tSamFreq[ 0]         8000
         tSamFreq[ 1]        11025
         tSamFreq[ 2]        12000
         tSamFreq[ 3]        16000
         tSamFreq[ 4]        22050
         tSamFreq[ 5]        24000
         tSamFreq[ 6]        32000
         tSamFreq[ 7]        44100
         tSamFreq[ 8]        48000
       Endpoint Descriptor:
         bLength                 9
         bDescriptorType         5
         bEndpointAddress     0x83  EP 3 IN
         bmAttributes            1
           Transfer Type            Isochronous
           Synch Type               None
           Usage Type               Data
         wMaxPacketSize     0x0062  1x 98 bytes
         bInterval               4
         bRefresh                0
         bSynchAddress           0
         AudioControl Endpoint Descriptor:
           bLength                 7
           bDescriptorType        37
           bDescriptorSubtype      1 (EP_GENERAL)
           bmAttributes         0x01
             Sampling Frequency
           bLockDelayUnits         0 Undefined
           wLockDelay              0 Undefined
     Interface Descriptor:
       bLength                 9
       bDescriptorType         4
       bInterfaceNumber        2
       bAlternateSetting       2
[...]
         wMaxPacketSize     0x00c4  1x 196 bytes
         bInterval               4
         bRefresh                0
         bSynchAddress           0
         AudioControl Endpoint Descriptor:
           bLength                 7
           bDescriptorType        37
           bDescriptorSubtype      1 (EP_GENERAL)
           bmAttributes         0x01
             Sampling Frequency
           bLockDelayUnits         0 Undefined
           wLockDelay              0 Undefined
Device Qualifier (for other device speed):
   bLength                10
   bDescriptorType         6
   bcdUSB               2.00
   bDeviceClass          239 Miscellaneous Device
   bDeviceSubClass         2 ?
   bDeviceProtocol         1 Interface Association
   bMaxPacketSize0        64
   bNumConfigurations      1
Device Status:     0x0000
   (Bus Powered)

as far as cheese goes:

"...video support is still experimental and may "kill your cat.""  I'm
taking that to mean that it won't help when trying to use Skype or other
web cam related software?

Thanks.