Re: Mail clients - which way forward?

On 03/13/2010 02:22 PM, mike cloaked wrote:
> I wonder if anyone might offer advice about the way forward with mail
> client choice to satisfy a set of needs?

  I too use TB for similar reasons to you - our choices sadly are pretty
limited. Basically the 2 UI's in play are kde and gnome so ... we have:

  a) kmail.
      pros: basically works.
      drawbacks: Its fragile (kde, akrofarti, nimrod etc). Refuses to
recognize that composing html is important.

  b) evolution - probably the only real alternative.
        cons: clunky UI - prone to crashing a lot.
        pros: supports in encryption, calendars, maildir++.

  c) a few scattered low key players.

  d) TB.
        pros: generally works ok.
        cons: slow and built on ancient decaying software framework -
should be written from ground up. gpg may not be supported. Devs are
obsessed with strange choices (gloda).
        Ok so .. this is what we're trying to replace ;-) ;-)

   e) None of the above - but what ?