Re: Comments on the fastestmirror plugin

Given that fastmirror is both broken and completely undocumented, and
that what it claims to do really ought not be that hard for someone to
implement completely from scratch, perhaps a better use of all your
time than trying to plumb the depths of fastmirror would be to write a
replacement that actually Does The Right Thing.

One possibility would be to download several RPMs that the user
actually requested via yum, and to measure the average speed for the
download of each entire RPM.  The initial response time of a server
would not be considered unless it was excessively long.

I'm sorry, I'm up to my eyeballs in overcommitments right now, so I
can't do it myself.

Don Quixote
--
Don Quixote de la Mancha