Re: Dependencies problem while upgrading

On Fri, 2010-03-12 at 16:53 -0500, Marcel Rieux wrote:
> > I'm surprised --skip-broken didn't work for you as it worked for me
> > and someone else on that thread. Still it's quite frustrating as
> it's
> > been broken for many hours now.
>
> I didn't try skip-broken. I was afraid that if broken dependencies
> were skipped, it might cause further problems with installed software.

>From yum(1):

       --skip-broken
              Resolve  depsolve problems by removing packages that are causing problems from the transaction.

IOW, yum is not going install something with a broken dependency. All
--skip-broken does is tell yum to ignore this specific package and
anything that depends on it, in the current run. You could even leave it
permanently set in the config file and no harm done.

poc