Re: network bridge default MTU -- apparent change

On 03/11/2010 04:37 PM, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 16:20:04 -0800
> Joe Conway wrote:
>
>> So I can at least work around the issue this way after starting the VM,
>> but still don't understand the root cause.
>
> The vnet0 may be coming from the "default" network that libvirt
> provides. If you are using bridging for everything, you can
> eradicate the default network like so:

That's the weird thing -- br0 has mtu == 576 before vnet0 even exists,
right after booting up, and even though the only existing interface
attached, eth0, has mtu == 1500.

Also worth noting is this all worked perfectly up until 2 days ago, and
the only system changes have been due to "yum update" (I looked at
/var/log/yum.log but nothing jumped out as an obvious cause).

> virsh net-destroy default
> virsh net-undefine default
>
> Getting rid of the default also gets rid of the dnsmasq process
> libvirt starts and other cruft you don't need for pure bridging
> (like insane junk added to iptables).

Unfortunately:

virsh # net-destroy default
error: failed to get network 'default'
error: Network not found: no network with matching name 'default'

virsh # net-list
Name                 State      Autostart

(There are none listed)

Joe