Re: Nvidia problem after kernel 2.6.32.9-70.fc12 update

Howdy.  Just to add my $0.02, we've got a couple of dual-monitor systems around here, both running Fedora 12, 64-bit.  We're using akmod-nvidia on both systems, and both systems are fully patched and rebooted with the latest kernel.

Our experience is that the video works flawlessly on both systems, EXCEPT that only ONE monitor is recognized on each system.  I haven't tried to track this issue in detail, but I do know that before the recent patches -- and reboots -- both systems could "see" two monitors.

I note that there seems to be some activity related to nvidia in the "updates-testing" section of the RPMFusion site:

    http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/updates/testing/12/x86_64/repoview/index.html

so it may be that a fix is on the way.  I hope so.

-- Mike