Re: Fedora 12 installing

On 09/03/10 10:18 PM, Fred Williams wrote:
> On 9 March 2010 21:14, Andres Felipe Acosta Gil<pipeacosta@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>
>> I downloaded the disc image and burned it in a DVD, then i booted Fedora,
>> but the screen turns dark and the dvd stops, should i download the fedora

Could be your graphics hardware is not behaving properly. Maybe you
could try kernel arguments like nomodeset, vga=<displaymode> or even
vga=ask.

If none of these work, try partitioning the hard drive as per your needs
with a live CD or a live gparted CD and boot with the Fedora DVD with
`linux text' as the boot parameters. Then you could install in text mode
and get your system up and running.

>> image and burn it again?? or what else should i do??
>>
>> --
>> Andres Acosta
>>
> Firstly I'd check the .iso image you downloaded first, and compare it's
> MD5sum is correct (there are a number of ways to do this in any OS)

That should be sha256sum. Fedora hasn't been using md5sum for a long
time now.

GL with everything. :)

--
Suvayu