Re: flash on www.nbc.com

--- On Tue, 3/9/10, Temlakos <temlakos@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [snip]
>
> You might be interested to know: mplayerplug-in is now
> supposed to be gecko-mediaplayer.

Yes, I know.  If you're running the GNOME desktop, you'll get gnome-mplayer front-end as well as mplayer when you yum install mplayer.  If you use KDE, I assume you'll get the kmplayer front-end instead.

> I installed that, from the repositories, after removing all
> totem
> plug-ins and applets.

What does 'about:plugins' report in your browser?  What 'addons' do you have?  Some sites like CBS.com won't play if you have an ad-blocker, but on my system, it tells me that.

> I still cannot play any videos on Foxnews.com--though I
> can
> play them on the NBC channels mentioned, and on any other
> channel.

At this moment, I'm at a loss as to a cause or a fix.  They both work on my system.

Have you tried re-downloading (from Adobe) the flash-plugin--it could be corrupted--and reinstalling it?  Both Foxnews and NBC use plain-vanilla flash.