Re: Nouveau ??

On Tue, Mar 09, 2010 at 15:00:03 -0800,
  Amiga5 <Amiga5@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 01/-10/-28163 11:59 AM, Jim wrote:
> > FC12/KDE-4.4
> >
> > Where is the Compatibility list for Nvidia cards in Nouveau ?
> >
>       http://rpmfusion.org/Howto/nVidia
>
> very detailed listings on all nvidia subjects

The only info I saw there on Nouveau was how do disable it at boot so as to
not block the nVidia proprietary driver which can't do KMS.

Nouveau pretty much works for all of the nVidia cards for 2d support.
In Fedora 13 the experimental driver package will enable 3d support, but
it seems to be buggy. It also isn't very fast for the newer cards.
Phoronix ran some benchmarks not too long ago.

If Nouveau works fast enough for you, that is going to be you best bet.
If it doesn't then, you'll need to try out the proprietary drivers.