Re: start kmail w/out akonadi

maumar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> is there any way to start kmail without akonadi/nepomuk?

akonadi is required by it's address book these days, so I don't think so.

> I kanow that they are very useful, but i prefer to gain acecss to mai
> mail without indexing that not access at all

nepomuk isn't required, but is recommended to be enabled for akonadi (else,
there's functionality loss).  But, nepomuk's strigi indexing is *not*
required.  See also:
http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi#Nepomuk_Indexing_Agents_have_been_Disabled

We just queue'd a kde-setting's update to do all of this by default, so no
manual setting of options is required,
F-11: https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/kde-settings-4.2-18
F-12: https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/kde-settings-4.3-18

-- Rex