Re: My contribution

On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 5:42 PM, Marko Vojinovic <vvmarko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Saturday 06 March 2010 09:01:55 pm Marcel Rieux wrote:
>> On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 2:23 AM, Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > On Fri, 2010-03-05 at 21:21 -0500, Marcel Rieux wrote:
>> Yes, I must agree. Having to wait less than 2 years to get a clipboard
>> that really works or to be asked if you really want to delete files is
>> completly unrealistic.
>
> One of the reasons I prefer Linux over other OSes is precisely that --- the
> machine does not treat me like an idiot, and does not insult my intelligence
> by asking stupid "are you sure" questions.

I couldn't agree more! This is great!

> I know, accidents can happen, but if I select several files, click on "delete",
> go on to empty the trash, even answer one "are you sure" question (and get
> pissed off by it in the process since I don't usually use Nautilus and don't
> customize it) --- then, for the love of God --- I WANT THE DAMN FILES DELETED!

Yes, getting pissed off it terrible! I totally sympathize with you.

> Now, if anyone ever "fixes" your bugzilla entry about confirmation before moving
> to trash, please remind me to file another bugzilla and request that this be
> reverted to old behavior.

I certainly will! I sure wouldn't want to see a geek like you having
to uncheck an option in Nautilus. Man, there's a limit to making
geek's life impossible!

Meanwhile, why don't you try getting to the heart of the matter and
join the differential discussion. You know, just to make sure the
thread doesn't get flooded in totally irrelevant matters...

Oops, sorry! I see you already did.

Can you imagine a developer having a choice between Google and plain
Linux software development? Would the guy want to run around in
circles with Google or the Intel/Nokia (MeeGo) consortium? Of course
not! That's why Linux will be more and more the default choice of the
best developers.

Linux moves forward! And even if it didn't on the desktop, that's not
from where empires have been built and, anyways, Google doesn't know
how to operate servers. There's not a chance they will become a
hinderance. Right?

I like it so much when we agree on common sense matters!

P.s.: Here's another one, unrelated, but in the same tone:

<http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/cnews/article.php/3861596/Tech-Comics-Geeks-and-the-iPad.htm>