Re: Changing the DHCP address of a machine on my Local LAN

On 03/06/2010 04:06 PM, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-03-06 at 13:00 -0800, Kam Leo wrote:
>> On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 11:48 AM, Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> I have a LAN at home of 4 machines. Up to yesterday all of them were
>>> getting their ip addresses from the DSL router I have at home. Suddenly
>>> one of the machines (an F12 machine) began to use ATT's DHCP server to
>>> get its ip address.
>>>
>>> I know there is a way to change that machine back to using the router at
>>> home to get DHCP service but I have forgotten how to do this. Can
>>> someone help me?
>>
>> 1. Don't use your neighbor's wireless.  Rename your wireless router so
>> you can easily pick it out.
>> 2. Use a cable and plug it directly into your router.
>
> I am not using my neighbors wireless. The machine is hard-wired to the
> router but does not use the router as a DHCP server. It did until this
> morning but now it does not. How does one change that behavior?

Attach to its admin port and fix the configuration.  Without knowing the
brand, no-one can offers specifics.  Most DSL modems support both
customer configuration and provider configuration, so there is no way
you can screw up what your provider doesn't want you to screw up....

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@xxxxxxx