Re: SMS server/gateway

i use
http://smstools.meinemullemaus.de/

The SMS Server Tools send and receive short messages through GSM
modems or mobile phones.

You can send short messages by simply storing text files into a
special spool directory. The program monitors this directory and sends
new files automatically. It also stores received short messages into
another directory as text files.

The program can run other external programs or scripts after events
like reception of a new message, successful sending and also when a
problem has been detected. These external programs can inspect the
related text files and perform automatic actions, for example storing
information into a database, sending an automatic reply, forwarding
messages via eMail, ... and whatever you like.

This software runs on Windows and any Unix. It does not depend on any
operating system specific feature and it does not depend on any
library (except the standard C library). This makes the program highly
compatible to embedded systems.

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 4:20 PM, Jamie Bohr <jamiebohr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am looking for a SMS server software for RHEL.
>
> The phones we use can receive email but it does not always get to the phone
> in a timely manner and sometimes I get "connected refused" when trying to
> send messages via email.   I've looked at smstools and Googled around but
> would like the forums opinion on what they have used and experiences.
>
> Thank you for your time,
>
> --
> Jamie Bohr
>
> --

If there is a way, I will find one...***
If there is none, I will make one..."***