Re: What's your fave--Gnome or KDE

On 6 March 2010 15:50, Temlakos <temlakos@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In looking over the reviews of Fedora 12, I was shocked that a big piece
of the possible Fedora 12 experience is missing: KDE.

I just discovered KDE. I don't know why I didn't use it sooner than
this. Now is it just my brand-new hardware, or the massive improvements
that Fedora has seen over the last several years, or is KDE the desktop
to beat?

Sure, I had a learning curve--like how to use the new Desktop Folder as
a widget, and how the wallpaper actually shows through it wherever you
need to place it. And how to use Desktop Activities, and the K App
Launcher. But these seem vastly superior to Gnome. Add to it that I've
been using a lot of KDE-specific apps, all of which had a problem

I can't be the only KDE fan here. What does everybody else think?

Temlakos

There is a KDE Respin. Personally I find KDE too restrictive in comparison to GNOME, which in turn I find more so than an Openbox session. But if KDE is good for you, have a look at the respin.