Re: My contribution (only the Knode issue)

Marcel Rieux wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 11:31 PM, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Could it be that you're not moving the correct "vertical bar"?
>>
>> I don't use knode, but I brought it up as a curiosity.   Looks somewhat
>> like you describe above.  However, there is a very light line between
>> "Name" and "Unread".  I positioned my mouse over that and clicked and
>> held and adjusted the column width just fine.
>>

> You are absolutely right! I was trying to move the same vertical bar
> as in Thunderbird. But those are the default folder names. Why the
> hell isn't the right column size defined by default? Why isn't the
> very light line well defined as are, for instance, those that define
> the fields in the Subject/From pane of Thunderbird?

The column adjustment method is pretty much standard in all
applications.  I've seen numerous applications opened for the very first
time where column widths weren't "optimal".  It doesn't matter if they
are Qt, gtk, Java, MS Windows.  It doesn't bother me, since I adjust
them to my liking.  However, once adjusted, they should not change.
I've not encountered any problems in this area.
> I suppose it mustn't be a joy for you either, given your sight problems.

I don't have any particular sight problems....other than missing the
obvious from time to time.