Re: partition customization ....how do I ???

On 03/04/2010 09:35 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:

> First error, recommending DD.  It will not allow a /boot partition to exceed
> 199 megabytes.  My present, and fully functional /boot is 400. And its 56%
> used.  I should to some housekeeping I guess. Delete the old 2.6.32 kernels,
> they are so old hat in 2010.
>
> It will not allow swap to be the next partition, in order to put it on a
> faster area of the disk.  To DD, swap must be on the center of the disk, its
> slowest possible position.  I could go on, but its coals to newcastle on this
> list.

You sure run into the strangest problems. I can not reproduce either
of the ones you have listed. DD will default to the 3rd partation
being created being swap, but there is this nice little dropdown
menu that lets you change that. If you change the default partition
type of the second partition created to swap, DD will happily do
what you want.

There is nothing stopping you from using other tools, if that is
what you want to do. But just because you do not like DD, and do not
want to learn how to use it, does not mean the tool is bad. It just
means the tool is not for YOU.

Mikkel
--

Registered Linux User #16148  (http://counter.li.org/)