Re: Update broke network

On Thu, 2010-03-04 at 09:39 -0500, Oliver Ruebenacker wrote:
>   Remind me, what is network manager good for? I'm sure it does
> something useful, but so far I have only perceived it as something
> that causes trouble.

Since you ask: (When it works)

Automating going from one network to another, such as from wired to
wireless, or from one wireless spot to another.  The automation being
that it should switch over to the available working network, without you
having to manually turn network off, startup some other network.

In the cases where there's more than one network available to you, you
can simply pick one from a list, if you need to change from the
automatic choice (generally, the same one you used last time).

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.