logwatch customizing?

I was formerly able to edit the file

   /usr/share/logwatch/scripts/services/dovecot

to discard all the individual dovecot deliver messages
about storing each message in each mailbox.

Now, even though my pattern clearly matches the
message, my changes no longer take effect.

Is logwatch doing some sort of "compilation" process
or something on these scripts which I need to do
to make my changes take effect?