Re: Firewall setting needed for NFS?

> I'm trying to figure out the firewall options for NFS setup.
> If I completely disable the firewall, it works fine.
> I've found a number of pages that say what ports  need to be opened, but it
> continues to fail even with  all those ports open.

> I don't have a need for the NFS, but I've had a number of users of my G4L
> disk imaging program that want to use NFS in addition to the SSHFS and
> CIFS that it already supports.  It can also image to local partitions or ftp
> servers.

NFS ports are assigned dynamically. You have to set them to static numbers in
/etc/sysconfig/nfs
in order to open those ports (the ones that you are using) with iptables
LOCKD_TCPPORT=
LOCKD_UDPPORT=
MOUNTD_PORT=
RQUOTAD_PORT=
STATD_PORT=
STATD_OUTGOING_PORT=
and then open the ports that you set there as well as 111 (portmapper)
and 2049 (nfsd)