Re: Moblin to Fedora via usbdrive on netbook

On 02/26/2010 03:43 PM, Steven I Usdansky wrote:
From: jack craig <jcraig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Fri, February 26, 2010 3:23:11 PM
Subject: Moblin to Fedora via usbdrive on netbook

Hi Folks,

Its time to rip Moblin & replace with Fedora on my asus netbook.
I setup an image using the instructions on htis link...

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraLiveCD/USBHowTo#System_Requirements

but upon boot, i get a short quick error msg and then moblin boots.
Has anyone successfully used the usb drive approach to load fedora on a
netbook/

if so, any clues to share?

tia, jackc...

I'm probably misunderstanding what you're trying to do, but here's how I do it:
on my Aspire One:
1. Download a live cd
2. Install livecd-tools
3. use livecd-iso-to-disk to place the iso image on a bootable USB stick
4. Boot from the USB stick and select install on hard drive

hey Steven,

i think you get it just fine. i was using the liveusb gui to create the usbstick.
i saw the command line option in the page referenced above, but didnt try it.

i'll give that a whirl.

are you still running 1 GB or ram? i am concerned about how fast (or not) my result
netbook performance may be...

thx!!

--
Jack Craig